Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 14
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Customs » Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood & Dr Who (many pics!)
Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood & Dr Who (many pics!)
Discuss, Display, Request, Offer
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Customs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GloryGeekGirl
MOC Mimic

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood & Dr Who (many pics!)

Let's just get to the pics, shall we?

So I got into Doctor Who and Torchwood in a big way late last year and completely fell in love with Jack Harkness (and John Barrowman, guh), but I hadn't been in much of a customizing mood for ages. What prompted me to make Jack as a pony was the decision to go to TorchSong, a little convention happening in Chicago in June. I thought what better to take with me than a Jack pony, right? I'm going to try to give it to John while there, though I am super nervous about the con organizers being nasty about it.

Anyway! Captain Jack was made from an Applejack... I think, it's been a looong time since I baited it out. Everything on him was sculpted, head to hoof, with Apoxie Sculpt. It actually didn't take that much time, once I buckled down and got to it; the hardest part was probably the pants, which aren't the greatest. But for having to hurry, I'm still pretty pleased with him. I think this is the most sculpting I've ever done and certainly the most detailed. My favorite thing about him is that the vortex manipulator (those of you who've seen the show will know what I'm talking about) is on the leg with the hoof magnet... so he really can manipulate things with it!

I know he doesn't have his signature RAF coat, but I wanted this to be Torchwood-era Jack... I have had thoughts of doing another Jack pony with the coat, though. And an Ianto to go with him. Wink Anyway, hope you all like him!

the_ether
Scribbles Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood & Dr Who (many pics!)

Happy Look at his little suspenders! Jack! Argh! So cute!

*blargh I am ded of cute*

MOC Mimic

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood & Dr Who (many pics!)

Thanks so much! They took a really long time to do. =) Ha, I'm just sitting here looking at your sig and giggling, that swap was so much fun.

sleepinglotus
Gnome-Tastic

Oh he turned out wonderful! I love his little buttons, and watch! He's adorable!

astroaquaria
Teeny Tiny Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood & Dr Who (many pics

My house-mate and I have also recently gotten into watching Doctor Who and Torchwood (I'm actually away for a month and it's killing us that we have to wait before starting in on the next seasons through Netflix). And your guy definitely looks like Captain Jack! I especially like the vortex manipulator bit. It's got to be one of the wackiest customs I've ever seen (the clothes are really cool, I've never seen that before), but, as the Doctor would say, it's FANTASTIC! I'm happy to see there are other sci-fi fan pony collectors out there! Make sure to let us know how the convention goes (when is that by the way, I may be interested in going since I'm kind of near Chicago). Energetic
GloryGeekGirl
MOC Mimic

Astroaquaria: Thanks! I really appreciate that, I'm glad he's recognizable. =) The convention is called Torchsong, and it's happening over the weekend of June 5-7. There's a webpage with more info here.

Florb
Ouchy Roids Pony

He is really cool, i love watching doctor who and torchwood and i think he really looks like him. i think the eyes are really like him two.

KaibaGirl007
Blue Eyes Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood & Dr Who (many pics

OMG, he's awesome!! dribble I love all the tiny little details you've done on him, brilliant! Big Ups

John's gonna love him, and I don't think you'll have any trouble giving him your custom (I didn't with mine for Gareth and Eve)

*is giggling again at the thought of Captain Applejack*

Fanfic / LJ / Ponydex / Wantlist
Thanks to TwilightWhispers and Mari for my avi and sig ^^
ZarineBashire
G3 Prototype Pony

Excellent job. It looks just like him.

GloryGeekGirl
MOC Mimic

Thank you so much. =)

Roogna
G3 Rosey Pony

LOVe the watch!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Customs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: