Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 107
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » Minnesota Pony Meet: August 13 2011, pictures on page 1
Minnesota Pony Meet: August 13 2011, pictures on page 1
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringlets_
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Minnesota Pony Meet: Initial planning phase

I'm definitley planning on coming! Smile

www.mlparena.com/galle.../album105/
s126.photobucket.com/a...ringlets_1
Currently updating pony count
Kazzellin
Rapunzel Pony

August sounds good to me! Happy

Anyone else?

Aurora
G3 Prototype Pony

(hey, this is post number 2001! Neat!)

August 13th would be perfect for me, I have a yearly engagement on the first weekend in August that I absolutely can't miss.
One of the things I learned last year... Aubrey picked up extra ponies at the Fair, and was selling them. Sadly, I had just ordered mine, so paid an extra $20 in shipping. So this year we can help each other out- I'm planning on going to RI, and can pick up ponies for those who can't go!

I also was thinking about a MN table in RI- we can sell our ponies sort of like a yard sale, everyone has them priced and marked, so just one of us has to man the table. We can have shifts or something. Just thinking out loud here, it's sort of what I do.

Merry Christmas, Everyone! The Arena is one of the things I am most thankful for, and each and every one of you make that the truth!
Thanks so much to CalicoStar for Borealis and Aurora and SquarePeg for my shmexy avatar! ** want list **
mngusty
Secret Surprise Pony

Hi! I'm so excited! I've never been to a pony meet before! Please keep me posted on the details and let me know what I can do to help!!

Kazzellin
Rapunzel Pony

Aurora wrote:

August 13th would be perfect for me, I have a yearly engagement on the first weekend in August that I absolutely can't miss.

I also was thinking about a MN table in RI- we can sell our ponies sort of like a yard sale, everyone has them priced and marked, so just one of us has to man the table. We can have shifts or something. Just thinking out loud here, it's sort of what I do.

Okay, I'll see what I can do; there are two local parks near me with large rooms that I *think* they let people use, and I shall look into that.

A community table sounds good, though we'd have to figure out how to keep tabs on who's ponies sell. I thought you weren't bringing ponies to the con, though? Wink

Aurora
G3 Prototype Pony

Yeah, still haven't decided. Maybe the hard to find ones, or if we decide to have a table I'll keep the really good ones for that. I want to be able to trade, after all!
I'm no good with plans right away- it takes me a while to think things out! LOL!
and I think tags like a yard sale- we'd just put our name on them, and keep track on a notepad or something.

Merry Christmas, Everyone! The Arena is one of the things I am most thankful for, and each and every one of you make that the truth!
Thanks so much to CalicoStar for Borealis and Aurora and SquarePeg for my shmexy avatar! ** want list **
Kazzellin
Rapunzel Pony

-Sounds like a plan.

Okay, I made some calls today, and got two answers.

The lady who answered the phone at Audubon Park wasn't sure what their sports events would be like the 13th of August, and suggested I call back around April or so, when they have the events list posted so they can refer to it.

The lady I spoke with at Waite park was more helpful. She said reservations can be done 1-2 months in advance. Room space is typically $20/hour, and the room has a kitchen which we can use for an additional $5/hour, though it's worth pointing out that it is a park, so there are barbecue pits. Only thing is, on a Saturday, they don't normally staff the building, so we'd also have to pay an additional $15/hour for a staff person to be able to let us into the building. Which means it would be $35 per hour, plus an additional $5/hr if we want to use the kitchen.

:S

I think I'll continue calling around. ^^

Aurora
G3 Prototype Pony

That would be awesome, thanks so much, Kazzy! I will start looking as soon as I'm a little more settled in, I used to live in Chaska and Golden Valley, so I'll probably start near those places!

loverofbalto
Scribbles Pony

I've already moved. This is my official home. I can look into the complex room if you would like. Let me know.

Banner done by Sakuyamon
arvin
Fancy Pants Baby

SO happy to see plans for a meet up and galloping :P.

Aurora, let me know if you'd like me to look into renting a place. We have lots of rec centers around St. Paul, some with kitchens, could check them out. Sounds like you've got a lot of good suggestions coming in for sites already.

As for timing, anyone interested in synching this up with Ren Fest? Just a suggestion, if anyone was already planning on coming for Ren Fest. I'm already here, so it's the same to me either way :).
Aurora
G3 Prototype Pony

YES! Check for places! The more people we have looking, the better the deal or location we'll find is!

Templeflower
Dazzle Surprise

Hi Everyone!!!!! Oh I'm so excited to see all the MN pony people! And a pony swap too???? Energetic Oh horrah! Can the newbie join in the fun too?
Juggalettagurl
Dazzle Surprise

I wonder if I could convince the bf to drive me :/

dA account Facebook Ponysona Want List

Support me on Kickstarter!
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aurora
G3 Prototype Pony

Hi, Templeflower! Welcome to the wonderful world of pony! And of course you should join in the fun! There will be ponies for sale, pony games, and pony people!

Juggaletta, we'll be sure you can get there! It's not too far for me to swing through and pick you up. We can have a Pony Party Bus!

arvin
Fancy Pants Baby

Hi Aurora, an update on some room rental rates:

1. St. Paul Rec Centers charge $12 an hour for a meeting room. Some of the rec centers are relatively new, with really nice facilities, and many are easily accessed from major highways. Many have kitchen facilities available.

2. Black Bear Crossing on Como Lake offers its conference rooms for FREE, all we have to do is provide "positive energy". What could be more positive than ponies? The trade-off is they ask we don't bring our own beverages, instead they have a coffee shop/ cafe attached. This looks really nice! Big window overlooking the lake, etc. right in Como Park (which has a little zoo and the conservatory, which are free admission)

blackbearcrossings.com...eting.html

www.comozooconservatory.org/

3. My house -- it's tiny! I could probably *just* fit 5 other people with tables enough for their ponies. It would be *extremely* cozy. Hopefully we have more than that coming, but in the end, if not, we could do it. I'd have to send my husband out with the kids for the day :).

4. My husband's office conf. room -- he is 1/3 owner of the business, so I'm pretty sure we could swing it for free. Smile It's in downtown St. Paul, nice old brick building, very close to the farmer's market, etc.

All good stuff to keep in mind. I'm going to keep looking for overlooked gems.

arvin

PS, here's a link to ren fest info. Looks like it starts Aug 21 and goes thru Oct, over by Shakopee, in case anyone was wondering what I was going on about in my last post Wink

www.renaissancefest.com/MRF/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: