Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 31
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » Canterlot Castle w/ light-up Luna and Pinkie- NOW W/ PICS!
Canterlot Castle w/ light-up Luna and Pinkie- NOW W/ PICS!
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyMoondancer
G3 Prototype Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Canterlot Castle w/ light-up Luna and Pinkie- NOW W/ PICS!

Edit: Now with pictures:

TIE%20IT%20UP%20WITH%20STRING.%20%20You're%20so%20classy,%20Hasbro. The%20royal%20wedding%20.%20.%20.%20?%20I%20mean,%20they%20have%20an%20organ%20for%20the%20march%20and%20everything.

Hmmm, it seems like somepony's missing . . . Somepony who is one of the mane six. (No, she is not on the narrow sides, Rarity and Scootaloo have that honor.)

And, yes, it really is $40. I took pictures of it away from the Canterlot display, though, because there was an employee hanging around and sometimes they don't like people taking pictures.

I was wrong about it not saying Luna's name--it says it on the sticker next to her that says "Press the button!" And it actually is two stories, not three like I thought . . . I was just remembering how tall it was compared to light-up Twilight and Starbeam Twinkle's "castle."

~*~

Sorry if this is old news! Also sorry I don't have any pictures--that will teach me not to bring a camera when I go pony shopping!

Anyway. Target now has a set called "Canterlot Castle". Frankly I'm disappointed because the "castle" is CARDBOARD. I mean, it does have rugs printed on the "floor", etc, but still . . . cardboard? Cardboard. And it costs $40.

It comes with Shine Bright Princess Luna (her wings light up--her horn doesn't), Spike the dragon, and non-light-up Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie is in the "bent knee" pose rather than the "all hooves standing flat" pose. Otherwise she looks like "normal" Pinkie Pie. Spike is in the same pose we've seen him in before. Oddly, neither Luna nor Pinkie Pie's name appear anywhere on the box. O_o There's just the same blurb about Princess Celestia living there and all the ponies wanting to visit there that's on all the Canterlot merchandise.

There are a lot of accessories, at least some of which were from the G3 Ponyville line. There's also a pink recolor of the mouse that comes with single-version Pinkie Pie, the carriage that comes with that one set with Rarity, the telescope from the G4 balloon set, some barrettes, Ponyville fridge, a little vanity (I think it's also Ponyville), a treasure chest, and other accessories I can't remember offhand. Lots of accessories, but nothing mind-blowing.

I didn't buy it because, well, $40!! It's at the Target in Seattle in Northgate Mall, if any Seattlites are interested. Oh, and they also have bedsheets and the new plush Twilight. I did not see the main six in dresses set, though.

Last edited by LadyMoondancer on 0; edited 3 times in total
banditpony
Scribbles Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Canterlot Castle w/ light-up Luna and Pinkie now at Target

Shine bright princess Luna~? ^^

:: my etsy :: my want list ::
Sakuyamon
Twinkle Eye Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Canterlot Castle w/ light-up Luna and Pinkie now at Targ

This I wanna see!
Would it be possible for you to get pictures of it?

Thanks to Cassu for making the lovely avatar!^_^
Firecracker
Fancy Pants Baby

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Canterlot Castle w/ light-up Luna and Pinkie now at Target

Oh... This means we're still not getting a proper castle Sad
$40 for that? To say I'm disappointed is an understatement... I would like to see pictures of that shine bright princess luna at some point though.
Fräulein_Kim
Glows in the Dark

Bummerrrrrrr.. I just posted about me assuming the castle to be cardboard in another thread and now that's the case. :C

But at least it doesn't include an exclusive new pony, I think I can pass on that light up luna.. b/c $40 is indeed too much for that. :|

heart WANTED! SOFT SLEEPY NEWBORN HUSHABYE heart Commission heart My Pony/Toy Sales heart
LadyMoondancer
G3 Prototype Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Canterlot Castle w/ light-up Luna and Pinkie now at Targ

Sakuyamon wrote:
This I wanna see!

I'll get pictures if I go back to Target, but I'm back home right now. Smile

Princess Luna is in the same pose as Shine-Bright Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, with the glowing wings and everything, except of course she has a unicorn head. Her eyes are pretty much like the ones on big Styling version Luna, with the half-closed eyelids. Her head is like the ones on "regular" unicorn ponies, ie it does not have the translucent horn that lights up, but instead has a normal horn. With glitter on it, in this case.

OH, I just remembered another of the accessories--a big, pink multi-tiered cake standing right next to Luna and Pinkie. To be honest, it looks like a wedding cake. I guess this set is to commemorate Princess Luna and Pinkie Pie being joined in pony matrimony? SURPRISE ENDING TO SEASON 2! Let's all thank FIM's new director, M. Night Shyamalan, for that twist.

Target Exclusive Winter Pony

LadyMoondancer wrote:
Sakuyamon wrote:
This I wanna see!

I'll get pictures if I go back to Target, but I'm back home right now. Smile

Princess Luna is in the same pose as Shine-Bright Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, with the glowing wings and everything, except of course she has a unicorn head. Her eyes are pretty much like the ones on big Styling version Luna, with the half-closed eyelids. Her head is like the ones on "regular" unicorn ponies, ie it does not have the translucent horn that lights up, but instead has a normal horn. With glitter on it, in this case.

OH, I just remembered another of the accessories--a big, pink multi-tiered cake standing right next to Luna and Pinkie. To be honest, it looks like a wedding cake. I guess this set is to commemorate Princess Luna and Pinkie Pie being joined in pony matrimony? SURPRISE ENDING TO SEASON 2! Let's all thank FIM's new director, M. Night Shyamalan, for that twist.

Haha, that's a funny idea Silly . It sure doesn't sound too good this set. Why would anyone want a cardboard castle Confused . I must say I don't really like any of the Luna toys :(.

Want: Bsp floats for: Ripple x1. BB bandanna + hat for Chief. Guitar combs: pink & yellow.
Wardah
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

Before we get out our pitchforks and torches did you actually check the price on the set? It sounds awful similar to the $19.99 set with Shine Bright Twilight Sparkle and a normal pony. That set also says "Canterlot Castle" on it. There is a flyer page with the Twilight Sparkle set in this thread.

mlparena.com/Forums/vi...art=0.html

Av by Jupi Sigs By SDS and sirithfin
Scraleos
Mommy & Baby Pony

I needs pics Happy

G3 Prototype Pony

Nope, this one was $40. (Unless Target put up the wrong price, which is possible I guess.) They had the set with light-up Twilight and Generic Pink Unicorn on a different shelf.

Glows in the Dark

But this set has a carriage and a spike and a cake... ok, all reused and/or not exciting but it HAS more accesories than the twilight set so it is possible that this is the castle.. overpriced? Yes. Ripoff? Yes. Bummer? OH YES!
...but I still wouldn't put it beyond hasbro. Scared

heart WANTED! SOFT SLEEPY NEWBORN HUSHABYE heart Commission heart My Pony/Toy Sales heart
Wardah
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

Is the box the same size and shape as the Twilight/ Generic Pink Unicorn one? Do the numbers on the item and the tag match? I do wish they would have given the sets different names. It really does not make sense that one set with the same number of ponies would be double the price of a different set with the same number of ponies unless there is a huge hunk of plastic in there.

Av by Jupi Sigs By SDS and sirithfin
StarDragon
Colorswirl Pony

Like others have said, it seems strange that THE Canterlot castle would be cardboard... even re-used accessories... *sigh* I haven't been to Target to see it for myself, but here's hoping for a real castle during Season 2?
LadyMoondancer
G3 Prototype Pony

I didn't compare them side by side, but I'm pretty sure the box was bigger than in the Twilight/Starbeam set. It looked like the left and right side were made to swing inward/swing shut. If that makes sense. (Man, I am regretting not bringing my camera, this is hard to describe!) Kind of like those G3 playsets like the Cotton Candy Sweet Shoppe, the way the wings on those swung open (except with cardboard instead of plastic.)

I think they justified charging $40 because "it is a castle." :/

Edit:

Just took a look at the Twilight/Starbeam set to refresh my memory and the Luna/Pinkie box is MUCH MUCH bigger. It's three "stories" high and way wider. Sorry folks, I think this is our "castle."

Last edited by LadyMoondancer on 0; edited 1 time in total
PinkRosedust
G3 Prototype Pony

How lame. And it's kinda low that they're reusing PONYVILLE accessories. At least we can save our money for the singles! They're not QUITE as disappointing. =P

~Wantlist
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: