Lolita fashion is a fashion subculture originating in Japan that is based on Victorian-era clothing as well as costumes from the Rococo period, but the style has expanded greatly beyond these two. The Lolita look began primarily as one of modesty with a focus on quality in both material and manufacture of garments. The original silhouette is of a knee length skirt or dress with a 'cupcake' shape assisted by petticoats, but has expanded into various different types of garments including corsets and floor lengths skirts. Blouses, knee high socks or stockings and headdresses are also worn. Lolita fashion has evolved into several different sub styles and has a subculture that is present in many parts of the world.
Read more here:
This isn't meant to be a simple paint job. You have plenty of time to work on your ponies, so take your time and think outside the box. Research your partner and the custom you're going to make. Try your hand at things you may not do- sculpting, sewing, etc. Be brave and have FUN with it.
1. You must have at least 3-5 Arena OR ebay feedbacks. Etsy feedbacks will be considered.
2. All swappers must have made and posted at least 1 custom within the last 6 months.
3. The shipping date will be January 30th. Mail must go out ON TIME!!!
4. The deadline for signups will be November 30th after this is approved by mods. There will be check in points along the way.
5. Partners will be chosen based on skill level. I will do the best I can at matching by skill- my partner list will be sent to a MOD who can make any changes to partners they think need to be made. If you feel you need a different partner for any reason, please PM me and I'll do my best to get changes made to make everyone happy.
6. PM me your Form (below). Put "Lolita Swap" in the subject line.
7. Life happens to everyone. If, after you join, you find you are unable to complete your pony, for any reason, please PM immediately! I would much rather know sooner than later so I can work on getting a replacement partner.
GAUGING INTEREST- sign-ups will last until November 30th.
Check-in #1- December 16th, 2011
Check-in #2- January 6th, 2011
PICTURE CHECK IN- January 13th, 2011
Ship- January 27th, 2012 (or before). Finished ponies need to be approved before mailed!
If someone drops out last minute or went MIA for mailing- their partner WILL still receive something, even if I have to personally make them something myself.
Customs must be well packed for shipping.
Do not use newspapers, paper towels or colored tissue paper in direct contact with the completed custom. (It can stick or cause discoloration.)
Do not ship customs that are sticky/tacky or not fully dry.
Do use some sort of padding like bubble wrap, white tissue paper, peanuts, etc.
*KEEP your receipt when you mail your custom off, this may be the only proof you have in the event it is lost. This rarely happens but it has.*
The Form: (This needs to be sent to enchantress41580, via PM! Please be sure to put “Lolita Swap Form” in the title)
PLEASE GIVE DETAILED RESPONSES! DO NOT BE VAGUE! Vague applications will be asked to refill out their application with better responses. Nobody wants to sit around guessing what their partner wants. Any questions you have for your partner can be asked in the Forum or through me. Secrets are best kept this way! INSPIRATIONAL PICTURES ARE VERY HELPFUL!
Real Name and Address:
Preferences (Please be descriptive.):
Any generation you would NOT like to receive?: G1, G2, G3, G3.5, G4
Is there anything you dislike on customs (Again, be descriptive)? (sculpted hair, certain colors, clothes, glitter, etc)
Are there any generations you do NOT like to customize?
Will you ship internationally (Don't feel bad if you say no)?
Other swaps you are currently in:
Link to Arena/Ebay Feedback:
Links to 3 Customs you've made (Do not direct me to the customs area, there are too many posts and pages to search through to find examples, give me a direct link, thank-you):
2. c.love.r- 1st check-in finished[/color
3. EmberBright- [color=red]1st check-in finished
4. cloverofmist- 1st check-in finished
5. thatg33kgirl- 1st check-in finished
7. murbella64- 1st check-in finished
8. EvilMuffins- 1st check-in finished
9. Tiella- 1st check-in finished
10. ViciousJupiter- 1st check-in finished
11. wiccanpony1- 1st check-in finished
12. SasukeRoxMySox2- 1st check-in finished
13. okiegirl1981- 1st check-in finished
14. Uninu- 1st check-in finished
15. Epona80- 1st check-in finished
16. SugarSkullBunny- check-in #1 finished
17. enchantress41580- #1 check-in finished
18. gotbunny- 1st check-in finished
19. Sarahlacewing- 1st check-in finished
20. Prismatic- 1st check-in finished
Here's a few pics to give you an idea of different types that could be made:
gallery of lolita pics
[approved by Jupi - Sept 5]