Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 21
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » Smoking customizer?
Smoking customizer?
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hannaliten
Mommy & Baby Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Smoking customizer?

What's the proper etiquette in a case like this. If I receive a custom that I commissioned from an artist and the pony smells like smoke, what do I do? The artist has not mentioned anything about her smoking.

Eviecorn
Chancellor Pudding Hat
Chancellor Pudding Hat

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Smoking customizer?

I would email the customizer about it. Chances are, if he/she is a smoker, he/she wouldn't be able to smell the smoke odor that's being left on the pony. It would at least be helpful for that artist to know for their future customs to be more careful about his/her habits when working on customs for others.

As for your recourse, I have no idea. Sorry. Wish I could be of more help.

.:proud:. I am your personal trainer and I will get you results.
¡El Blog!Wish List! Desperately seeking G2 Globe Trotter's accessories!
NoDivision
I am vengeance, I am the night

Proper etiquette for the artist in the first place would have been to mention it :\ Even if you can't smell it yourself smokers are generally aware that smoke smells absorb into things. it's why people state that they come from a non smoking home whenselling things, or why we ask about that kind of thing in custom swaps incase someone has an allergy or aversion to it.

But yes, definitely let them know so they can be aware of it and hopefully it won't happen for future customers!

Want List! - Customs for sale! - Do I owe you feedback? PM me!
kittybethy
Pony Corral Mod
Pony Corral Mod

Yes, I would let the seller know.

However, I agree that he/she should have mentioned it.

Colorswirl Pony

I agree. You should let the customizer know. At least they can mention it to any future buyers.

I get sick from just the scent of cigarettes so that would be really upsetting if I got a pony like that. Sad

Dabbles Pony

You know, I have received smoky ponies/other stuff from people that I know for a fact do not smoke. I think a lot of it might be where the package has been sitting as it's travelled to you. Maybe the people on the loading docks at the PO smoke? Who knows!

But anyway, yes, contact your seller. If they smoke they should mention it.

lovesbabysquirmy
Captain Jack Pony

A customizer should definitely be mentioning that they smoke if they do. Sad How disappointing to open the box and have that wretched smell ruin it all!

But Skeen could also be right - if the postal system doesn't care that the packages are nearby where employees take breaks, the parcels could also end up being stinky and foul.

I'd start with some communication about the smell and see if they will work with you. Smile

Wantlist & Trades

Avatar by Vanilla Virus - thank you!
lemontwist
Mommy & Baby Pony

Yeeek! I'd also like to point out that even people who don't smoke IN their home can get smoke stink in stuff like that.... The smell travels with them, not to mention if you smoke in the car on the way to the PO or something. So I bet a lot of smokers don't realize they need to mention it if they don't smoke in their home, or the same room as the ponies. OR it could be someone they live with smokes and they just didn't think to mention that.

Now that I think of it, I don't think I have a mention of it on my sales page. My mom smokes outside and I generally keep her far away from my ponies but like I said, the smell can still get to them. *scurries off to put it on my page* I guess I can understand how easy it is to forget to mention something like that!

Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Location: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!!

How disappointing for you Sad I agree with the others- if the artist does smoke then she really needs to mention that in her sales and to her customers. Apart from it being unpleasant to a non smoker, some people are really very allargic to cigarette smoke so its important that potential customers are aware that their pony might have a smoke smell to it.
First you should contact the person (begin the message with something positive to say about the pony/transaction before mentioning the problem to get things off to the right start), see if she really does smoke , and see if you both can work things out awake
Its also true though that sometimes parcels pick up smoke smells from posties, PO workers etc Scared

heart Wanted* ILuvTheArenaBrag3*Brag/picfic4 Yay!Brag/picfic5 For sale heart
glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
ThriftyPony
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

Skeen wrote:
You know, I have received smoky ponies/other stuff from people that I know for a fact do not smoke. I think a lot of it might be where the package has been sitting as it's travelled to you. Maybe the people on the loading docks at the PO smoke? Who knows!

But anyway, yes, contact your seller. If they smoke they should mention it.

I can definitely second that! We have a courier for all of the offices of the company I work for -- and he smokes. Every parcel he brings smells like smoke, and the parcels are only in contact with him for a few hours. :/ Also, one of the companies that ships to my work has packages that smell like jalepeno peppers. It's easy for scents to be absorbed.

BUT if the seller does smoke, she probably should make that known. I wonder if there is a way to make the pony smell better?

Please visit my fakie website for IDing your fakies!

My trader feedback.
heart Thanks to MisfitPony for my avatar. heart
Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Location: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!!

Eeuww! your work gets packages that smell like jalapeno peppers?! Wow thats a new one Poke Tounge not very pleasant though Scared

heart Wanted* ILuvTheArenaBrag3*Brag/picfic4 Yay!Brag/picfic5 For sale heart
glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: