Lolita Swap ~ DECEMBER 16th= 1st check-in
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  :| |:
-> Customs

#1: Lolita Swap ~ DECEMBER 16th= 1st check-in Author: enchantress41580 PostPosted: 0
    ----
Lolita Swap

Lolita fashion is a fashion subculture originating in Japan that is based on Victorian-era clothing as well as costumes from the Rococo period, but the style has expanded greatly beyond these two.[1] The Lolita look began primarily as one of modesty with a focus on quality in both material and manufacture of garments. The original silhouette is of a knee length skirt or dress with a 'cupcake' shape assisted by petticoats, but has expanded into various different types of garments including corsets and floor lengths skirts. Blouses, knee high socks or stockings and headdresses are also worn.[2] Lolita fashion has evolved into several different sub styles and has a subculture that is present in many parts of the world.
Read more here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_styles

This isn't meant to be a simple paint job. You have plenty of time to work on your ponies, so take your time and think outside the box. Research your partner and the custom you're going to make. Try your hand at things you may not do- sculpting, sewing, etc. Be brave and have FUN with it.

Swap Rules
1. You must have at least 3-5 Arena OR ebay feedbacks. Etsy feedbacks will be considered.
2. All swappers must have made and posted at least 1 custom within the last 6 months.
3. The shipping date will be January 30th. Mail must go out ON TIME!!!
4. The deadline for signups will be November 30th after this is approved by mods. There will be check in points along the way.
5. Partners will be chosen based on skill level. I will do the best I can at matching by skill- my partner list will be sent to a MOD who can make any changes to partners they think need to be made. If you feel you need a different partner for any reason, please PM me and I'll do my best to get changes made to make everyone happy.
6. PM me your Form (below). Put "Lolita Swap" in the subject line.
7. Life happens to everyone. If, after you join, you find you are unable to complete your pony, for any reason, please PM immediately! I would much rather know sooner than later so I can work on getting a replacement partner.

DEADLINES:
GAUGING INTEREST- sign-ups will last until November 30th.
Check-in #1- December 16th, 2011
Check-in #2- January 6th, 2011
PICTURE CHECK IN- January 13th, 2011
Ship- January 27th, 2012 (or before). Finished ponies need to be approved before mailed!

If someone drops out last minute or went MIA for mailing- their partner WILL still receive something, even if I have to personally make them something myself.

Shipping:
Customs must be well packed for shipping.
Do not use newspapers, paper towels or colored tissue paper in direct contact with the completed custom. (It can stick or cause discoloration.)
Do not ship customs that are sticky/tacky or not fully dry.
Do use some sort of padding like bubble wrap, white tissue paper, peanuts, etc.
*KEEP your receipt when you mail your custom off, this may be the only proof you have in the event it is lost. This rarely happens but it has.*

The Form: (This needs to be sent to enchantress41580, via PM! Please be sure to put “Lolita Swap Form” in the title)

PLEASE GIVE DETAILED RESPONSES! DO NOT BE VAGUE! Vague applications will be asked to refill out their application with better responses. Nobody wants to sit around guessing what their partner wants. Any questions you have for your partner can be asked in the Forum or through me. Secrets are best kept this way! INSPIRATIONAL PICTURES ARE VERY HELPFUL!

Arena Name:
Real Name and Address:
Email:

Preferences (Please be descriptive.):
Any generation you would NOT like to receive?: G1, G2, G3, G3.5, G4
Is there anything you dislike on customs (Again, be descriptive)? (sculpted hair, certain colors, clothes, glitter, etc)
Are there any generations you do NOT like to customize?
Will you ship internationally (Don't feel bad if you say no)?
Other swaps you are currently in:
Link to Arena/Ebay Feedback:
Links to 3 Customs you've made (Do not direct me to the customs area, there are too many posts and pages to search through to find examples, give me a direct link, thank-you):

Participant List:

1. jodes210381
2. c.love.r- 1st check-in finished[/color
3. EmberBright- [color=red]1st check-in finished

4. cloverofmist- 1st check-in finished
5. thatg33kgirl- 1st check-in finished
6. modesty
7. murbella64- 1st check-in finished
8. EvilMuffins- 1st check-in finished
9. Tiella- 1st check-in finished
10. ViciousJupiter- 1st check-in finished
11. wiccanpony1- 1st check-in finished
12. SasukeRoxMySox2- 1st check-in finished
13. okiegirl1981- 1st check-in finished
14. Uninu- 1st check-in finished
15. Epona80- 1st check-in finished
16. SugarSkullBunny- check-in #1 finished
17. enchantress41580- #1 check-in finished
18. gotbunny- 1st check-in finished
19. Sarahlacewing- 1st check-in finished
20. Prismatic- 1st check-in finished

Here's a few pics to give you an idea of different types that could be made:

th01.deviantart.net/fs...lutter.jpg

th07.deviantart.net/fs...3iafdt.jpg

fc02.deviantart.net/fs...3jf5cv.jpg

fc00.deviantart.net/fs...e_chan.jpg

Lolita
gallery of lolita pics

[approved by Jupi - Sept 5]

Last edited by enchantress41580 on 0; edited 39 times in total

#2: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: simplysteffieLocation: Texas PostPosted: 0
    ----
Yesh please.

#3: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: RevRubyLocation: limbo PostPosted: 0
    ----
mmm i'd love it, but i'm up to my neck in ponies atm... signups would have to end after october since i'm in so many swaps that are literally keeping me from shipping early.

#4: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: Badjuju86Location: 'Space between dreams & consciousness ' PostPosted: 0
    ----
I would but last time I did a lolita swap. I was the only one not to get my pony and still havent heard from my partner. : (

#5: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: enchantress41580 PostPosted: 0
    ----
aw...sorry sweetie! But, you should still! Different person running the swap and I'll make sure you don't get the same partner.

#6: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: simplysteffieLocation: Texas PostPosted: 0
    ----
Badjuju86 wrote:
I would but last time I did a lolita swap. I was the only one not to get my pony and still havent heard from my partner. : (

And I'll make you one if someone goes MIA!! So you'll get a pony no matter what!

#7: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: enchantress41580 PostPosted: 0
    ----
*like*

#8: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: simplysteffieLocation: Texas PostPosted: 0
    ----
RevRuby wrote:
mmm i'd love it, but i'm up to my neck in ponies atm... signups would have to end after october since i'm in so many swaps that are literally keeping me from shipping early.

Shipping wouldn't be til January Christi Smile

#9: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: okiegurl1981Location: Oklahoma PostPosted: 0
    ----
Love! Since it wouldn't ship until January, I'd prbly be able to join. Smile I'd love to do a Lolita corset pony.

#10: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: nativecentaurLocation: Virginia, USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
Love the Lolita style, even if I don't know much about it. ^_^ Still, I'd love to learn and join!!!

#11: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: sweetlittlejennyLocation: Washington (Georgia is my home state) PostPosted: 0
    ----
Its a maybe for me. I was in a Lolita swap a few years ago that was pretty fun. I love seeing the results of a lolita swap.

#12: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: cloverofmistLocation: Rockaway Beach, Oregon PostPosted: 0
    ----
nativecentaur wrote:
Love the Lolita style, even if I don't know much about it. ^_^ Still, I'd love to learn and join!!!

Ok I am sooo in the same boat but hell yeah!!! more for me to learn

#13: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: enchantress41580 PostPosted: 0
    ----
Check out the pictures above and the links I provided. It's lots of curls, big hair, cute stuff, poofy short skirts, knee high stockings, candy, etc... Let your imagination run wild! A good way to think outside of the box and challenge yourself- try something new! Smile

#14: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: okiegurl1981Location: Oklahoma PostPosted: 0
    ----
Omg, that last one would look awesome transferred over to a pony! heart

#15: Re: Lolita Swap ~ Gauging Interest Author: PrismaticLocation: California PostPosted: 0
    ----
Omg I totally would! But like Rev, sign ups would have to end in October in order for me to join, I'm already in 3 swaps.

I don't know much about lolita either, but I LOVE the style.

-> Customs