klinton *UPDATE*
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Trader & Classifieds Support

#16: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: Skeen PostPosted: 0
    ----
NoDivision wrote:
Give him a hard firm date when you MUST have payment by, or else he can no longer have the item.

He already has the items, that's the problem. Sad

#17: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: crimsondeity PostPosted: 0
    ----
Skeen wrote:
NoDivision wrote:
Give him a hard firm date when you MUST have payment by, or else he can no longer have the item.

He already has the items, that's the problem. Sad

Yes, unfortunately, Skeen is correct. It seems stupid in retrospect, but based on the fact that we were friendly off the forums (Skype/FB/etc) and since he had a previous good rep, I sent Ghoulia off before receiving payment.

#18: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: RockinPrettyBeatsLocation: Denver, CO USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
NoDivision wrote:
I know how these feels - really frustrating to see people spend money on other things before paying off their current obligations. At this point, I'd give him an ultimatum. Give him a hard firm date when you MUST have payment by, or else he can no longer have the item.

Unfortunately the pony doesn't come with a homing device that crimson can trigger to make it come back to her.

#19: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: NoDivisionLocation: Indianapolis, IN PostPosted: 0
    ----
Oooh I must have missed that. Or, well, I knew that, but forgot at 1:00am XD

Well, try this then. Use paypal to do a "request payment." Send an invoice. And then send another one. And then send another one. And keep sending them. Unfortuately, paypal does not seem to have any way to file claims for not getting paid, but at least you can bug the crap out of him. Make it as easy as possible for him. He doesn't have to log in and find your e-mail address and enter the amount etc etc, so there's no account for excuses like "sending it to the wrong person."

#20: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: crimsondeity PostPosted: 0
    ----
NoDivision wrote:
Oooh I must have missed that. Or, well, I knew that, but forgot at 1:00am XD

Well, try this then. Use paypal to do a "request payment." Send an invoice. And then send another one. And then send another one. And keep sending them. Unfortuately, paypal does not seem to have any way to file claims for not getting paid, but at least you can bug the crap out of him. Make it as easy as possible for him. He doesn't have to log in and find your e-mail address and enter the amount etc etc, so there's no account for excuses like "sending it to the wrong person."

Great idea! Smile

#21: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: RockinPrettyBeatsLocation: Denver, CO USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
You know, if people can file claims for not getting an item, why can't we file one for not getting paid?

Seems pretty simple to me. Maybe something like that will happen in the future?

#22: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: NoDivisionLocation: Indianapolis, IN PostPosted: 0
    ----
RockinPrettyBeats wrote:
You know, if people can file claims for not getting an item, why can't we file one for not getting paid?

Seems pretty simple to me. Maybe something like that will happen in the future?
Doesn't seem likely. Paypal is part of ebay, and you know they don't give a crap about sellers. Even more frustrating, they won't even answer questions about it. I tried to contact them several times and each time they gave me answers COMPLETELY unrelated to what I was asking.

#23: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: RockinPrettyBeatsLocation: Denver, CO USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
You're probably right.

#24: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: lovesbabysquirmyLocation: Canadaaaaa! Calgary, Alberta! PostPosted: 0
    ----
Keep trying - have you posted about this in the doll forums that you both frequent? I would make this as public as possible especially if he is still buying things online! Sad

#25: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: kCherryLocation: Upstate SC, *USA* PostPosted: 0
    ----
lovesbabysquirmy wrote:
Keep trying - have you posted about this in the doll forums that you both frequent? I would make this as public as possible especially if he is still buying things online! Sad

This!! Especially since he's still active online and making purchases!! That's appalling. I can't imagine what he's thinking, knowing how closely knit many of these toy communities are! This will eventually ruin his reputation if he doesn't fix it. Huh You just don't do that to people without karma getting you in the long run..

*shakes head bewildered

#26: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: crimsondeity PostPosted: 0
    ----
Just another quick update, as someone pointed out I hadn't done so in a while.

Klinton still has not made good on the money he owes me, and communication has dropped off once again.

At this point, I'm just going to assume he has no real intentions of paying me back. There isn't really much I can do (the item has been sent and received months ago), and I'm tired of getting charged international text fees to either get empty promises or no response. He hasn't been to any of the boards we frequent, so no point in me sending him PMs either.

I'm still angry of course, and a little part of me hopes he'll pay what he owes- but it's just easier on me to just mentally file it as money lost and move on, as opposed to constantly stressing about it.

Thanks to everyone who's commented/made suggestions/sympathized!

#27: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: lovesbabysquirmyLocation: Canadaaaaa! Calgary, Alberta! PostPosted: 0
    ----
I am sorry to hear that klinton has dropped off the face of the planet. It's really terrible that he has no intentions to pay you! Sad If he does eventually come online to one of the forums you both frequent, you can begin contacting him again to resolve the issue. It's fairly likely he will return to at least one of those boards, if he wants to continue collecting dolls and buying things for them!

#28: Re: klinton *UPDATE* Author: sillymooseyLocation: Quebec, Canada PostPosted: 0
    ----
That's really too bad Sad I met Klinton IRL at a Quebec pony meet a few years ago and he seemed like a nice enough guy. It sucks to think that if I ever cross paths with him again, I probably won't be able to bring myself to trust him...

-> Trader & Classifieds Support