Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 42
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Customs » Would you buy something like this for customs?
Would you buy something like this for customs?
Discuss, Display, Request, Offer
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Customs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you buy something like these?
Yes!
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
No.
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
Maybe, depends on the cost.
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
Depends. Other options?
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Other: See responce.
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 33

Rad
G3 Prototype Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Would you buy something like this for customs?

I have random jewelry stuffs that I've collected over the years and I was making a necklace and went "Hey, I've seen hair pins in amazing customs..." *Lightbulb*

So. Yay, nay?

The other little beads are other 'sets' that I have; they could be made into hair pins. Also, silver chain and pins are available.

I have tons of other little things that could be the jewels... and I could also go to a craft store. But basically, I'm curious what your opinion is.

Thanks lymeric!!

Blinkie in av made at Arena, animated by Silvered
Check out my MLP, LPS, and random toys For Sale!
XOXO
MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Would you buy something like this for customs?

If I was a customizer, I totally would. They're super cute!!

Much love to Lina for the avatar! Hug
Morosan
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Would you buy something like this for customs?

i would probably by them. Smile i've seen hairpins like these on many customs around here, but i at least am not sure how to make them myself, so i would probably end up buying them if i had money for it. Smile

Rapunzel Pony

Nice ones.
I don't know if I'd buy them as I'm horrible at styling hair and could make them myself but they really are cute. I'd just shorten the chain a little. :-)

wanted | sale | puuush | deviantart avatar by emuel, sigs by lina and sds. thank you!
Rad
G3 Prototype Pony

puuush wrote:
Nice ones.
I don't know if I'd buy them as I'm horrible at styling hair and could make them myself but they really are cute. I'd just shorten the chain a little. :-)

Ha ha, yeah, I'd never be able to style hair either! You see how I totally faked it with Dream Weaver?

For those of you that said no, why not?

Thanks lymeric!!

Blinkie in av made at Arena, animated by Silvered
Check out my MLP, LPS, and random toys For Sale!
WinterSparkle
MIB Rapunzel Pony

omg yes!

WinterSparkle - Swift
Beatsme
Dazzle Surprise

They are well cute.... Flirty Pony

A yes form me Happy Pony

Thanks Alrak and Sugarcup
pop-girl
Site Admin
Site Admin

If I were making an oriental style custom I would buy them depending on the price. Smile

Bay Breeze Pony

I'm not sure why people said no, but one possibility might be that they already have stuff to make them themselves.....

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy's!
NoDivision
I am vengeance, I am the night

I could make these myself, which is why it would be a no for me, but I imagine a lot of people would love them!

Want List! - Customs for sale! - Do I owe you feedback? PM me!
LauraLeigh81
Dazzle Surprise

I think they are cute, I would get some depending on the price..

As for the “no” voters....this is a reason why I dislike polls sometimes, it is easy to hit no but there isn’t really an explanation as to why they don’t like them/ don’t want them. It is the safety of being anonymous, plus I think that some people just like to hit no for the heck of it. xD

Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

I clicked other. I could probably figure out how to make them myself, I'm super horrible at styling hair, so I probably would never use them. But they are super cute and I might be tempted to buy them depending on the price.

Thanks to SDS for my sig!
eBid auctions Bonanza booth
mana-maiden
Mommy & Baby Pony

If I were you, I'd definitely give it a try even if a lot of people vote no because they can make them, themselves. Smile There are still a lot of people out there that don't have the supplies or the know-how for some things like this, but on a customs board you might run into a lot of people that can utilize pieces of accessories that are commonly found in stores. Wink

Just saying that I've run into just about every piece of bead/jewelry pictured here, and own the majority of what you posted... maybe if you tried something more elaborate and used rarer beads or ornaments, you might get more "yeses".

Hoping this might be of help. Big Ups

If you like anything you see in that gallery, feel free to send me a personal message!

Trades: Closed
blackestbird
So Soft Pony

I'd suggest trying out customized orders too. If you took 'commissions' on pieces to make as well as having stock-on-hand so to speak, you'd probably have better luck.

The reason I say that is you might have a lot of pretty accessories made and ready to be shipped, but they might not be the right colors or the right style, so I think taking commissions on accessories to make would be good too.

What mana-maiden pointed out is good too though. If you're getting supplies at a chain store like Walmart, Michael's, etc, it's good to remember that people will probably find the exact same supplies. If it's available, you may wanna try to get supplies at a local craft store unique to your area, if it isn't too expensive, where the supplies might be more unique.

As for me personally, it would totally depend on the price, because if I can make something cheaper myself, then I will.

All of that said, they are super cute - I love those kind of hair accessories, especially for oriental customs.

heart

heart Thank You's: Dizziness for my sig; av made c/o my self/my art heart
Lyrical Echo Refs Dragons - Clicks? Pony Wishlist Pony Blog & Commissions [status: CLOSED] My deviantART
ZarineBashire
G3 Prototype Pony

I wouldn't buy any, but that is because I know how to make them myself. But if i didn't know how, I would buy some depending on price and complexity. I like complicated hair ornaments so i wouldn't buy very simple ones.

If you want some really nice supplies though, I would suggest checking out your local bead shop too.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Customs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: