Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 56
Bots: 3
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Pony Art » Toki's pony arts (Breezie pg 33 )
Toki's pony arts (Breezie pg 33 )
Got Art? Want Some? Display and discuss here
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toki
Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Toki's pony arts (Breezie pg 33 )

Hello and welcome to my pony gallery thread!
Previously known as the "G4ish Pony Practice! Anyone want a free sketch?" thread. I've decided to rename and redecorate the front page a bit, since I'd deviated a bit from the original G4ish freebies purpose. I'll still give out the occasional sketch freebie though! And my Commission info is at the bottom of this post. (Commissions are currently paused while I catch up)

Latest 3 pictures:
Breezie, oldschoolish style, for ~Breezie~ XD Slightly wash colouring Page 33

%20Claramel%20with%20Semi%20Cel%20colouring%20for%20Claramel%20Page%2030 And%20an%20alternative%20version: %20Jade%20and%20Sweet%20Lavendar%20commission%20with%20Semi%20Cel%20colouring%20for%20Buzzingbumblebee%20Page%2028

And previous pony pictures:
Sketch: Kestral for Kestral_kitsune Page 33
Sketch: Bright Eyes for ebmerc Page 32
Colour (Wash-ish) : Jewellery Babies (baby Diamond, Baby Sapphire, and baby Ruby) 'oldschoolish style' for Melissa. -Commissioned- Page 27
Colour (SoftShade): Seapony 'oldschoolish' of Sea Mist or Whitecap for Melissa -commissioned- Page 26
Colour (Semi Cel) : Lina's Tootie 'Cutie' Tails and Crossroads -Commissioned- Page 23
Colour (Wash) : Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara,'oldschool style' for Melissa. -Commissioned- Page 18
Colour (Wash) : Gingerbread for Melissa. -Commissioned- Page 17
Sketch : Chibi anthro-ish Apple Jack. Page 24
Colour (Wash) : Moonjumper for Melissa. -Commissioned- Page 16
Colour (Semi Cel) : ZennaBug's Vessa and Dursi. -Commissioned- Page 15
Pencils and Markers: Random pony sketches, and Artist interrupted? Page 21
Pixels : Lina's Tootie 'Cutie' Tails - lineart by EmBee. Page 20
Pixels : LilSpark's Stargazer - lineart by EmBee. Page 20
Sketch : Rhythm Glow Page 18
Colour (Soft Shade) : Rainbow Dash Page 13
Sketch: Baby/Chibi Twilight Sparkle (with cutie mark) page 12
Colourysketchy: Hasbro's Tex Page 11
Colour (solid): Hasbro's Tex, G4 style Page 11
Sketch: MoonBreeze's Twilight Sun page 10
Colour (Semi Cel): My ponysona OC, Kale page 9
Sketch: PheonixCarousel's Reble Diamonds page 8
Sketch: PheonixCarousel's Bittersweet Biscotto page 8
Colour: My old G3 style Biggles (Note: Pretty much copied the pose) page 7
Sketch: WagnerWakka's Wild Spirit page 6
Sketch: Hasbro's Red Roses, drawn for Capt.Salty page 5 <--I really like how this came out!
Sketch: Zennabug's Vessa and Dursi page 4
Colour (Semi Cel): Monstarnomnom's Fleet, coloured. page 3
Sketch: LilSpark's Stargazer page 3
Sketch: Quick, random silly doodle, feat. Red Roses and Rarity page 2
Sketch: Mlpgal13's Estralia page 2
Sketch: BuzzingBumbleBee's Sweet Lavendar page 1
Sketch: Lina's Crossroads page 1
Sketch: Monstarnomnom's Fleet page 1

Lineart by me that has been coloured by others, or any gift art I happen to collect:
My picture of Estralia, coloured by Dovetail page 7 heart
Captain Salty coloured my silly doodle! Page 2 heart
My ponysona, Kale, drawn by DizzinessPage 18 heart

--Commission Info:--
Commissions are currently PAUSED. I can be reached easily by pm, or drop me an email at hokutoneko @ yahoo.co.uk (without the spaces, obviously). You can still contact me about a commission, but I've got soooo many still to do, that I daren't add any new ones to my list until I've caught up. I don't mind listening to what you want though.

At the moment, I'm trying to save up enough money to get my limpy dog, Shard, some xrays. If you happen to be wanting some pony art, perhaps you'll be able to help me and my woofer out. That in mind, I'm temporarily opening commissions at the prices listed below, but once I've earned enough to pay the vet bills, I'll be putting the prices back up, so if you want them while they're semi-cheap, now's you chance.
--Prices:--

Tips are always welcomed, but not necessary^^ Please bear in mind that prices may vary a little bit depending on exactly what you want in your drawing, but here's a general price guide:

Quick Sketches: £1.50 (That's about USD$2.40)
These are picture's like MoonBreeze's Twilight Sun, or WagnarWakka's Wild Spirit. These quickies usually take me only one or two hours. The quality is varied, as you can see from the sketches I've done on this thread, so you're taking a bit of a gamble. Tell me your pony persona details and I'll doodle your pony as I see fit.

SoftShade colour : £20 (That's about $32)
You see the picture of Rainbow Dash? That's what I call a 'softshade'. Sort of 3Dish.

Semi Cel colour : £12 (That's about $19)
The pictures you see of Fleet and Kale are what I call 'Semi Cel' (or sometimes soft cel). It's almost like solid cel shading, but with smooth bits here and there =3 I sometimes do the lineart for these in adobe illustrator, and sometimes I don't.

[strike]Wash Colour : £8 (That's about $14.50)
The pictures drawn for Melissa are all coloured in 'wash' style. This is relatively new for me so I'm still a little unsure with it. First, I colour the pony in greyscale, then 'wash' it over with layers of colour, trying to keep it pastely and light and soft. The line art is a little rougher than on 'semi cel', more sketchy, and I never use illustrator to do the lines for this. This style is more suited to one pony per picture then multiples - I struggle with multiple ponies in one picture in this style of colouring, so if you want two ponies in one picture, you'd pay full price, not half on top because I find it hard and less fun and would rather avoid it if possible. Fancy backgrounds don't work well in this either. Generally speaking, the less hues of colour, the better this works (hence two ponies make it hard). Take a look at Gingerbread and Moonjumper in my previous pictures to see what I mean by very simple backgrounds and less hues. [/strike]Not doing these anymore.

Un-exampled Art: ??? What?
Lol, okay, what I mean is there are some styles I haven't got a pony related example of. Like pure cel shading, or realism. If you want me to take a shot at one of these, just let me know and we'll see what we can work out price-wise. I'll probably do the first of any new type of drawing a little cheaper for the person who'd gamble enough to take it, since it could come out pretty bad and you're taking a risk by committing to it. I'm relatively good at mimicking other styles if there's something you have in mind.

Similarly, it doesn't have to be your typical illustration drawing. Perhaps you want a pony expression sheet, or a comic? I've made a few anime doujinshi in my time, a lot of fancomics, and I used to work for Drowtales as a comic artist and colourist, so I'm happy to translate your story into a comic. Also, with the help of my boyfriend, I can also make some simple pony flash games. These will obviously take a lot more time and effort, so the prices would reflect that.

Extras and variants
The prices above are on the assumption that I'm drawing one pony, with either no background, or a very simple one. If you want a background for sure, please check with me first before committing to the commission and I'll let you know if I can do it, and if it would cost you any more. Similarly, if you have a specific pose in mind, describe it to me first. If it's particularly difficult, I may charge a tiny bit more.
If you want more than one pony in the picture, I'll do it for half again. So if you wanted a picture of two ponies chatting together in 'soft shade' style, it would cost you £20, plus half again(£10), so £30. If you wanted three ponies racing in Soft Cel, it would cost £12, plus half again (£6) for each pony, £12 + £6 + £6, so a total of £24.
For sketches, they're pretty cheap already, so I'll make it £1 for each additional pony per picture, so two ponies in one sketch would be £2.50, for example.

Drawing Style
At the moment I have two styles of drawing. The g4'ish style I used in Zennabug's commission, and the more old-school'ish style that I used in Melissa's commission. I can draw your commission in either style, regardless of colour method chosen. I am referring to the drawing style, not the colouring style here. Let me know which style you want or I'll choose myself XD.

--Current slots list: --
1: Zennabug : Done!
2: Melissa (x3)
- a)One done,
b)- two done,
c)- three done!
3: Lina : Done!
4: A none-pony related commission that I -have- to start around the middle of next week! Sorry if previous slot holder pics get delayed, I'll try to get them done before then! (hasn't got back in touch, so I'm skipping to Melissa's for now)
5: Melissa again x2, thanks melissa!
- a)One done (and another version done),
-b) two done
6: Buzzingbumblebee - Done!
7: Claramel - Done! and Done!
8: Melissa again, three more! (Or is it four?)<3
9: ~Breezie~
10: ButterflyButtons (5 sketches and a semicel!) <3
11: Zero
12: WickedWonderland
13: Puuush (reserved but not certain yet)

Anyone who wants removing from the list because of the massive wait (and there will be a massive wait) is welcomed to request it, I don't mind cancellations, especially since it's my own fault for being so slow ^^

Oh man! EXTREME wall of text! Thanks for reading this far! Have an e-cookie on me =D

Last edited by Toki on 0; edited 43 times in total
MonstarNomNom
Mommy & Baby Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: G4 Pony Practice! Anyone want a free sketch?

Ohhhh I would love to see Fleet and/or Sir Rowland! I absolutely love the G4 style ^^ Their refs are in my siggie :3

Thanks to VanillaVirus for my avvi!
Nimbus Ref~Spiorad Ref~Fleet Ref~Axel Ref~My dA
Desperately seeking Big Brother Hats and Bandanas! Please contact me if you have any!
Toki

Ohh, Native American AND steampunk, I like your pony characters XD. It was hard to chose, but I decided to do Fleet in the end, she's so pretty~

I don't think I've quite got the G4 style down ^^;;;, but she was fun to draw!
Lina
Art & SH mod

wow, it's gorgeous!!

if you like, you can do either of my personas ^^ (see in sig)

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to VanillaVirus for my avi! || Candy Gloss || Cinnamon Star || Burning Heart
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~
Buzzingbumblebee
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

Always up for that Happy Maybe you would like to do Sweet Lavender Smile

Want: Bsp floats for: Ripple x1. BB bandanna + hat for Chief. Guitar combs: pink & yellow.
mlpgal13
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

Feel free to use my persona in my siggy as practice Smile

Your sketch came out adorable...

My Custom Gallery
My Deviant
What a girl wants!
For Sale
MonstarNomNom
Mommy & Baby Pony

Omgeeeee! -squees- Fleet looks so adorable! I love it soooo much! <333 You did an amazing job! I can't wait to see the rest of them! -big pony hugs- ;D

Thanks to VanillaVirus for my avvi!
Nimbus Ref~Spiorad Ref~Fleet Ref~Axel Ref~My dA
Desperately seeking Big Brother Hats and Bandanas! Please contact me if you have any!
Toki

Thank you for the kind words, everypony =3

I've finished your sketch, Lini! Sacred was my favourite, she looks absolutely beautiful! But I decided to do Crossroads since it'll be my first pegasus pony here^^ Here she is, I hope you like her:
Toki

Glad you liked the picci, Nomnom ^w^

Oh, and a little headsup, I'm about due to re-organise my website, so I may be relocating the files. Unlikely, since I'm lazy as hay, but fair warning, if you want to keep them, save them off!

Last edited by Toki on 0; edited 1 time in total
Lina
Art & SH mod

thank you!!! she turned out so cute, you captured her expression perfectly!

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to VanillaVirus for my avi! || Candy Gloss || Cinnamon Star || Burning Heart
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~
LilSpark
Corral + Dollhouse Moderator

Oh my goodness, those sketches are super cute and adorable Flirty Pony Flirty Pony Flirty Pony

If you have too much free time here would be Stargazer for you:

heart heart heart

Thank you so much Kioku and minercia!!!
ZennaBug
Doodlebug Art Mod

Oh goodness those are cute!!!! If you'd like to use them for practice, I'd love so see Vessa or Dursi in your style Smile

Toki

You're welcome Lina! ^_^

Thanks Lil' Spark, I'll definitely have a go at drawing Stargazer later!^^
Thank you Zenna! I wonder which I will choose! Ooooo, donuts on Dursi's cutie mark? Sweet! (see what I did tharrrr)
Ooooo, now I'm hungry! =9

Here's Sweet Lavender for BuzzingBlumbleBee:

I love the flower, lavender, it has such a lovely scent to it! Your pony is lovely too; I hope I drew her to our liking^^ I wanted to try drawing a pony from the front, but I chickened out and it came out as a three-quarter shot, oops XD

I feel bad closing requests so soon, but if I get to backlogged I'll get nervous and panicy and just give up - I'm terrible at handling presure, haha. No worries, everything's fine right now^^ But yes, I'm 'closed' for now. Perhaps I'll do some more after I finish the current ones.
Time for me to go make some noms! Ta-ta for now~

Last edited by Toki on 0; edited 1 time in total
LilSpark

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: G4 Pony Practice! Anyone want a free sketch? *paused*

They are all so adorable, your style is really amazing Flirty Pony Flirty Pony Flirty Pony

Thank you so much Kioku and minercia!!!
Capt.Salty
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: G4 Pony Practice! Anyone want a free sketch? *paused*

Wow, Toki; these sketches are FANTASTIC!
I'd love to see how you'd draw the hair of a perfume puff pony, Red Roses perhaps?

Want List
-
Sale/Trade
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: