Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » officially love flat irons now [pics]
officially love flat irons now [pics]
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truevampiress
Mommy & Baby Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: officially love flat irons now [pics]

Kay Iv been posting a lot lately, I hope I'm not annoying anyone xD but I just get very excited about pony stuff now (when on earth did that happen!?)

So some of you might remember the post i mentioned earlier, asking about your restoration equipment preferences. Well I took a lot of that to heart. Up until now Iv always only brushed and conditioned my ponies hair, Iv always been afraid to actually use an iron on there hair, but since so many people do it, I decided to get the courage and go for it. I bought a brand new flat iron with lots of heat settings. Its not a super awesome iron but its good enough, I also picked up a few combs/brushes.

So maybe your sick of seeing this particular pony of mine xD but its sort of been my labrat/pony so lets take a journey Poke Tounge (iv noticed iv also gotten better at taking pictures since i started coming here lol)

Stage one: this was how i pulled her out of the huge box when she came in the mail. the hair by her head was matted and the whole thing was just filthy (seriously the bit of water i used had turned kind dingy after the first wash)
after%20her%20first%20bath:%20 at%20least%20her%20hair%20was%20in%20order,%20but%20it%20was%20still%20pretty%20dry%20and%20puffy bath%202:%20i%20left%20the%20conditioner%20in%20for%20quite%20a%20while.%20and%20its%20hard%20to%20tell%20but%20her%20hair%20is%20shinny%20now%20and%20a%20little%20smoother.%20(sorry%20the%20only%20pic%20i%20had%20was%20from%20my%20sales%20thread) now%20after%20ironing%20for%20the%20first%20time%20ever.%20I%20used%20the%20lowest%20setting%20because%20i%20was%20still%20scared%20xD%20it%20still%20worked%20pretty%20well,%20her%20hair%20is%20no%20longer%20puffy,%20its%20smooth%20and%20very%20soft.%20i%20have%20yet%20to%20try%20fabric%20softener%20but%20that%20might%20be%20my%20next%20step.%20 iv%20learned%20quite%20a%20bit,%20and%20poor%20Rainbowflash%20has%20been%20there%20threw%20it%20all,%20luckily%20i%20didn't%20have%20any%20BAD%20experiences%20with%20experiments%20gone%20wrong%20on%20her.%20Shes%20still%20for%20sale%20and%20if%20she%20ever%20gets%20sold%20or%20traded%20then%20i%20might%20actually%20be%20a%20bit%20sad%20to%20see%20her%20go%20xD.%20Ill%20just%20have%20to%20find%20a%20very%20nice%20home%20for%20her%20:p.%20 After%20all%20that%20being%20said%20(gosh%20i%20know%20this%20is%20a%20supper%20long%20post%20D:)%20i%20was%20wondering%20what%20are%20you%20feelings%20or%20suggestions%20as%20to%20what%20I%20should%20do%20about%20my%20poor%20Rosedust?%20
she was my very first pony and I love her, but her hair is sooo dry that you can barley even tell that its still pink. Iv tried conditioning her hair multiple times, but nothing is doing any good..

on one side I dont want to loose the original curl, but on the other id really like to fix her hair. what should I do?! If i conditioned/softened and ironed do you think it would be possible for me to re-curl the hair? or is there a point were some ponies hair is just too dry to even iron? I'm at a loss guys. help me out.

from MLPBlue by SourdoughStomper
MLP Blog|Pony Ref|Want List|My Customs|Feedback
starrypawz
MOC Mimic

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: officially love flat irons now [pics]

Oooh she looks very nice now, mine needs her hair sorting out too. It's a bit dry and looks crimped. XD

butterflybuttons
Pony Corral Mod
Pony Corral Mod

Straighteners are fantastic, aren't they?

She looks great now.

thanks pickwick_pirate and Lina
my want list looking for yellow Daisy Sweet's tail.
2011 Aussie pony fair
LilSpark
Corral + Dollhouse Moderator

Somehow Rainbow Flash always has horrible hair... But yours looks awesome now, you can't beat the flat iron Happy Pony

But don't iron your Rosedust!!! Her hair will get white because of the heat... Scared

Thank you so much Kioku and minercia!!!
windsong
MOC Mimic

Amazing! Happy

~ Etsy Shop ~ Like Windsong's Pony Scarves on Facebook! ~
~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY LadySatine 4 my avatar heart
Grassshackgirl
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

That is genius! Flat ironing! I've always resorted to re-rooting or curling ^_^. Fantastic job on Rainbowflash! If I was still collecting G3's I'd definitely adopt her.

Avi by VanillaVirus / Sig by Syrcaid
*For Sale or Trade**Wishlist**MyDAPage**My *Fizzy*Herd*
LilAlleyCat
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

LilSpark wrote:
Somehow Rainbow Flash always has horrible hair... But yours looks awesome now, you can't beat the flat iron Happy Pony

But don't iron your Rosedust!!! Her hair will get white because of the heat... Scared

I think if you want to use heat on any pink haired pony, test a small, inconspicuous area first to see if the hair will change.

I've heard it does and it doesn't change pink pony hair. Maybe it depends on the specific pony in question or how high the heat setting is. I used a curling iron on my original pink haired Tornado and he didn't lose any of the pink in his hair at all. I also did it to a couple other pink haired guys over the years with no problem that I remember but I don't recall which gals. Confused

**I am not saying it won't fade the hair**, although it hasn't for me. Maybe the heat I used wasn't high enough or I didn't keep it in place long enough to damage the coloring. I would love to hear results from others that used a heat method on a pink haired pony.

It's actually a good idea to test first on any pony. Some of the hair can be different than others in the same gen so I always like to be better safe than sorry.

Great results on Rainbow Flash! For Rosedust I would try conditioning and loose finger curling first before taking a drastic measure like a flat iron/curling iron. Often if you get the curls in order the remaining frizzies are not very noticeable. I prefer my curly haired gals to retain curls whenever possible.

~Single handedly increasing the value of your MOC/MIB collection by opening mine!~
truevampiress
Mommy & Baby Pony

ooh lilspark i didn't want to hear that Scared lol maybe ill try soaking her in some fabric softener, but so far conditioning is literally having no affect on the poor girl. Sad Pony

LilSpark

Imagine how shocked I was when I had finally found the perfect Baby Yo-Yo with awesome pink hair which turned immediately white when I had used the iron on it Scared

truevampiress
Mommy & Baby Pony

well i definitely do not want to loose her pink D: she was my first pony! and Im not sure if i want to test a small chunk because if i did, and it did go poorly then id have this one little longer white bit of hair thats no longer curled xD that sort of detail would make me nuts!

Reiya
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

LilAlleyCat wrote:
LilSpark wrote:

I think if you want to use heat on any pink haired pony, test a small, inconspicuous area first to see if the hair will change.

I've heard it does and it doesn't change pink pony hair. Maybe it depends on the specific pony in question or how high the heat setting is. I used a curling iron on my original pink haired Tornado and he didn't lose any of the pink in his hair at all. I also did it to a couple other pink haired guys over the years with no problem that I remember but I don't recall which gals. Confused

**I am not saying it won't fade the hair**, although it hasn't for me. Maybe the heat I used wasn't high enough or I didn't keep it in place long enough to damage the coloring. I would love to hear results from others that used a heat method on a pink haired pony.

It's actually a good idea to test first on any pony. Some of the hair can be different than others in the same gen so I always like to be better safe than sorry.

Great results on Rainbow Flash! For Rosedust I would try conditioning and loose finger curling first before taking a drastic measure like a flat iron/curling iron. Often if you get the curls in order the remaining frizzies are not very noticeable. I prefer my curly haired gals to retain curls whenever possible.

What?! I have never heard this! The only pink haired pony I have flat ironed is a G4 Fluttershy. Nothing happened to her hair color so I guess Hasbro solved the problem!

If you are too scared to resort to fabric softener maybe try a heavy duty conditioner like Mane n Tail.

Reiya

Thank you MonstarNomNom!
ChantillyChantilly's Lace Saddle
LilSpark

Reiya wrote:
LilAlleyCat wrote:
LilSpark wrote:

What?! I have never heard this! The only pink haired pony I have flat ironed is a G4 Fluttershy. Nothing happened to her hair color so I guess Hasbro solved the problem!

If you are too scared to resort to fabric softener maybe try a heavy duty conditioner like Mane n Tail.

Reiya

That's because Fluttershy doesn't have Pussycat hair. Pussycat is the pink that always fades, it fades in the sun and heat.

MLPMom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: Babysitting all the naughty mods, it is a full time job!

She looks amazing now! RD is notorious for having puffy dry hair right out of the box.

I would try soaking Rosedusts hair in conditioner or even fabric softener and pick through her curls (I wouldn't brush or comb it) or even just use your fingers to work it in without ruining the curls. Usually as long as you don't brush or comb through the curls they will hold up pretty well.

Big thank you to Lina and Tuney for my sig & avi!
truevampiress
Mommy & Baby Pony

MLPMom wrote:
She looks amazing now! RD is notorious for having puffy dry hair right out of the box.

I would try soaking Rosedusts hair in conditioner or even fabric softener and pick through her curls (I wouldn't brush or comb it) or even just use your fingers to work it in without ruining the curls. Usually as long as you don't brush or comb through the curls they will hold up pretty well.

ill try that also thanks. ^^

has anyone ever tried a leave in conditioner? like something you DON'T wash out after? I have some in my bathroom but i never used it personally so i have no idea how that stuff works let alone on a pony xD

also yes pussycat is a VERY temperamental color xD, im sort of hoping that they stop using it on ponies, even though it is a really pretty light pink color, but every time i hear of fading hair pussycat always seems at the top of the list.

LilSpark

Don't use stuff on pony hair that will stay in. The hair won't absorb the stuff and it just won't look good at all, probably like unwashed hair... And it won't feel good, either.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: