Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 10
Bots: 3
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » "'Twice as fit... for Ponies'"-a P.E. fitness Club
"'Twice as fit... for Ponies'"-a P.E. fitness Club
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorabialota
Rainbow Curl Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: "'Twice as fit... for Ponies'"-a P.E. fitness Club

"'Twice as Fit"'
A P.E. (Paradise Estate) Fitness Club!

Have you ever felt alone while trying to get yourself into better shape? Or have you ever wanted some more motivation to strive towards a better goal? Many of us have! That is why Gabumon and I (dorabialota) have decided to start this thread

Here is a place where we can state our goals (fitness-wise) and band together to encourage one another. Whether it is to lose weight, that baby belly, or gain muscle, or simply try to lead a healthier life.

We can share with each other, what our 'Prize'... what pony or ponies you are looking to earn by reaching your goal. Whether it be a long term goal or even a daily goal.

Daily or weekly, you can come here and update us as to what activities you are doing to improve your health and how often you do them. We can all root each other on!!! and even if you dont have a goal in mind perhaps root our fellow pony fans on that do have one.... And of course share with us when you will reach yiur goal or be done and get your pony!!!

Start be filling our this small questionair:

1>What is your fitness goal?

2>Is your goal long or short term?

3>What activity(ies) will you be doing to improve your health and how often?

4>What pony(ies) will you be looking towards earning?

5>When you will be done and get your pony?

Hopefully soon we will add some charts and diagrams that you can print off that are pony themed!

Also...! Please feel free to share any and all helpful tips, hints, and self help things that you have heard of or tried and found that work for you and may help others. Maybe we can even share recipes!

All of this is so that we can all share in the ongoing struggle to be "twice as fit"!!! <3<3<3

Heres some diagrams:

Last edited by dorabialota on 0; edited 2 times in total
gabumon
Daddy Sweet Celebrations Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: "'Twice as fit... for Ponies'"-a P.E. fitness Club

Im on Day five of my Pushups!

1. Loose weight, build a little muscle
2. Short term, for now
3. Morning pushups and healthy lunches
4. MB Sunburst!!!!
5. 30 nearly consecutive days. I will take a rest day on Sundays.
sugarapplecutie28
Rapunzel Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: "'Twice as fit... for Ponies'"-a P.E. fitness Club

this is cute. and a great idea.

1.lose 25-30 pounds
2.hopefully long term
3.eat healthier,no sugar
4.nbbe baby gusty
5.ill be done when i get to my goal/ideal weight

i lose weight real fast when i eat a vegetarian diet. it sucks cause i love meat!! ive been trying to stick to my diet but its so hard when i have to cook for my family too. i was doing alright, i was even running/jogging before but then school ended for the kids and i havent done that since. i want to start that up again. sugar is a real no no for me. probably anyone but it really affects my weight. i think ive done good with that. i do tend to overeat when it comes to chips. i love chips and thats my weakness. i try not to buy them but i like to have a munchy every now and then. this past week ive been bloated and my pants were hard to button. i did go off my diet a little so thats probably why.
Dewprincess
G3 Prototype Pony

I have two goals:

Goal #1: Lose 15-20 pounds to reach my ideal weight of 120-125.
--Fairly short-term goal, I want to be able to look good for summer :-)
--I'm doing free-weights for toning every other day, side-to-side crunches, being extra-vigilant about my calorie intake, and starting back on bike riding which I haven't really done since college.
--Bon Bon from (MLP Tales)
--I'm aiming to reach my goal within the next two months.

Goal #2: Maintain weight loss/healthy lifestyle when goal weight is reached, become and remain fit enough to ride bike to and from work (in nice weather).
--Long-term goal. I've been proven in the past to be able to slim down in the short term, but it's the long term that worries me more. I gained over 15 pounds within just a couple of months between Thanksgiving and New Year's last year and I want to make sure that my hard work this summer doesn't go to waste.
--Refrain from "rewarding myself for good behavior" by using junk food, as it ends up making me miserable and makes it harder to reach my goal. I am hoping that the Paradise Estate Fitness Club will be a much healthier alternative ;-). I am hoping that my pony will be continued motivation to work hard even after achieving my goal weight.
--Nachtlicht!!
--I want to take a progress report for this goal in 6 months (January 17th).

dorabialota
Rainbow Curl Pony

good morning ponies awake I'm so happy to see theres already some interest in our PE fitness club!!

gabumon wrote:
Im on Day five of my Pushups!

1. Loose weight, build a little muscle
2. Short term, for now
3. Morning pushups and healthy lunches
4. MB Sunburst!!!!
5. 30 nearly consecutive days. I will take a rest day on Sundays.

awsome gabumon!! YAY! and I know you've been doing great so far! keep up the awesome work! that MB is completely within your reach you're about 1/5th of the way through to your goal already!!!

sugarapplecutie28 wrote:
this is cute. and a great idea.

1.lose 25-30 pounds
2.hopefully long term
3.eat healthier,no sugar
4.nbbe baby gusty
5.ill be done when i get to my goal/ideal weight

i lose weight real fast when i eat a vegetarian diet. it sucks cause i love meat!! ive been trying to stick to my diet but its so hard when i have to cook for my family too. i was doing alright, i was even running/jogging before but then school ended for the kids and i havent done that since. i want to start that up again. sugar is a real no no for me. probably anyone but it really affects my weight. i think ive done good with that. i do tend to overeat when it comes to chips. i love chips and thats my weakness. i try not to buy them but i like to have a munchy every now and then. this past week ive been bloated and my pants were hard to button. i did go off my diet a little so thats probably why.

well SAC28... sounds like you have a wonderful goal indeed. I know we all have a problem with sugar with our bodies but I know personally it wreaks havok with my body and even my mood.
So are your kids out for summer now? maybe you could start walking with them. or even running..? I dont know how old your kids are. And Oo they have some really healthy chips now. either veggie chips or even just the baked ones so that they have less fat! So you can still treat yourself to an occasional snack of chips, just moderate how much you eat at one setting!
Your goal seems attainable in not too long of a time period. We'll be here to root you on!!! let us know how things go for you, or even when you have a rough day... we are here for support!

Dewprincess wrote:
I have two goals:

Goal #1: Lose 15-20 pounds to reach my ideal weight of 120-125.
--Fairly short-term goal, I want to be able to look good for summer :-)
--I'm doing free-weights for toning every other day, side-to-side crunches, being extra-vigilant about my calorie intake, and starting back on bike riding which I haven't really done since college.
--Bon Bon from (MLP Tales)
--I'm aiming to reach my goal within the next two months.

Goal #2: Maintain weight loss/healthy lifestyle when goal weight is reached, become and remain fit enough to ride bike to and from work (in nice weather).
--Long-term goal. I've been proven in the past to be able to slim down in the short term, but it's the long term that worries me more. I gained over 15 pounds within just a couple of months between Thanksgiving and New Year's last year and I want to make sure that my hard work this summer doesn't go to waste.
--Refrain from "rewarding myself for good behavior" by using junk food, as it ends up making me miserable and makes it harder to reach my goal. I am hoping that the Paradise Estate Fitness Club will be a much healthier alternative ;-). I am hoping that my pony will be continued motivation to work hard even after achieving my goal weight.
--Nachtlicht!!
--I want to take a progress report for this goal in 6 months (January 17th).

Wow Dewprincess what awesome reward ponies! I'll bet they make reaching your goal so doable for you!!! your first goal sounds like loads of fun actually... your aim to ride your bike is great! especially with gas prices... and for your health!

Each day is a hurtle for us to overcome at times... but we can make it!!! and the stumbling block thats put in front of us... can be turned into a stepping stone! <3

Dewprincess
G3 Prototype Pony

Fitness goal met for today! Rode two miles on my bike and did my full weights routine! So far this week is pretty much on track...

gabumon

Dewprincess wrote:
Fitness goal met for today! Rode two miles on my bike and did my full weights routine! So far this week is pretty much on track...
Yay!
dorabialota
Rainbow Curl Pony

awesome Dewprincess! good to go!!! <3 *pony hugs*

dorabialota
Rainbow Curl Pony

anyone else wanna join in on the fun!? I'll add my goals and such tomorrow ^^

Dyzarktarzk
G3 Prototype Pony

Location: With 5 black cats, 1 white cat, and 1 white and black cat

I'm in!!

Be able to made a precission jump and a roll without hurting me (and also... to climb a 2 m tall wall without help...) (Parkour)
Actually? To lose 10 kilos to achieve my ideal weight.

Giving me until August 8.

Going to the gym (mon-fri) and to parkour training 2 days a week =3

Want to get my claws on a MIB Braided Beauty or MOC Masquerade... *sigh*
In more possible ways:
Get my claws on MO Dabble *drools*

To lose the weight? I hope in a month or month and a half.
Get my pony? I want it when I return to classes at the university on August (17?).

Still here, just a little quiet. If needed, just PM

Okay, if in one post I have NO SENSE of writing... please tell me, my brain is disconnected =S (And my fingers more)
mlp4me
Nanu-nanu Orkan Pony

There's no excuse anymore. After 6 months of being sick and then surgery it's time to get this body back into action!
(I was also told my bad cholesterol is a bit high and I should workout more. At 26 I feel awful everyday.)

Drop 20 lbs by fall that brings a weight of 125/130.
Short term.
Walk/run dog daily. 15 min workout video for dummies nightly w/3lb weights. Biking for fun to go see HavAcrumpet452. Not even sips of soda anymore, less cheese, less chocolate, more water.
seashell
Hopefully by fall/October.

Collection
Wants Sales
Wanted: Soft Sleepy Newborn Hushabye
gabumon

These are so great everypony!

One thing that I am enjoying is looking up what ponies y'all will be getting yourselves! I'm not the only one who will be getting myself a rare one!
dorabialota
Rainbow Curl Pony

Dyzarktarzk wrote:
I'm in!!

Be able to made a precission jump and a roll without hurting me (and also... to climb a 2 m tall wall without help...) (Parkour)

In more possible ways:

Get my pony? I want it when I return to classes at the university on August (17?).

Wow... this sounds like a great goal... and such AWESOME sel-prizes!!! I have a question though... what is parkour?. I am so sure you will reach your goal though!! and we will all be here rooting you on. let us know how you are doing as you go!!! Energetic

mlp4me wrote:
There's no excuse anymore. After 6 months of being sick and then surgery it's time to get this body back into action!
(I was also told my bad cholesterol is a bit high and I should workout more. At 26 I feel awful everyday.)

Drop 20 lbs by fall that brings a weight of 125/130.
Short term.
Walk/run dog daily. 15 min workout video for dummies nightly w/3lb weights. Biking for fun to go see HavAcrumpet452. Not even sips of soda anymore, less cheese, less chocolate, more water.
seashell
Hopefully by fall/October.

Wow mlp4me... I'm 26 also... and definately feel ya. your activities sound great and reasonable for your goal.. I wish you so well on this. let us know how things go for you and keep us updated on how far you have come!!! accomplished

Dyzarktarzk
G3 Prototype Pony

Location: With 5 black cats, 1 white cat, and 1 white and black cat

dorabialota wrote:
Dyzarktarzk wrote:
I'm in!!

In more possible ways:

Wow... this sounds like a great goal... and such AWESOME sel-prizes!!! I have a question though... what is parkour?. I am so sure you will reach your goal though!! and we will all be here rooting you on. let us know how you are doing as you go!!! Energetic

Parkour:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-jrzRvfXqg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYUuyz4CgUk

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

And if you want to DROOL:

www.youtube.com/result...parkour+da

www.youtube.com/result...our+damien

I'm doing it because for YEARS I've been disconected from my mind/body (I only 'cared' about my mind (reading, thinking...) ignoring my body abilities... and with parkour is to try to regain control of MY body).

Yup =3

Now I need to be brave and learn to NOT think XD Energetic

Should I start with my actual weight?

66.50 kilo. Need to lose at least 8 kilos (goal: 10 kilos).

Still here, just a little quiet. If needed, just PM

Okay, if in one post I have NO SENSE of writing... please tell me, my brain is disconnected =S (And my fingers more)
Dewprincess
G3 Prototype Pony

Today, my boyfriend took me out to the driving range for the very first time. I'd never even held a golf club before! We went through a whole bucket together and my hand is hurting from all that swinging, but it was fun and I got to be active! I've also noticed that the jeans I couldn't fit into three weeks ago are now feeling a little loose...

Edit to add: BIG success of the day...Muffin and I just rode the bike route all the way up to where I'll be working this summer and back--about an 8-mile round trip course! I am thinking that my goal to ride my bike to work and back is totally doable and I'm feeling super-motivated about this!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: