Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 53
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Customs » Animal Companions Swap -Bring us your baits!- Working
Animal Companions Swap -Bring us your baits!- Working
Discuss, Display, Request, Offer
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Customs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you interested?
Yes
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Yes, but I need to know more
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Maybe
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
No, it's a good idea but I don't have time
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
No, it is a lame idea
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

Sarahlacewing
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Animal Companions Swap -Bring us your baits!- Working

Ok guys we have reached our goal! Partners have been assigned. Don't forget to post if you have some companions up for trade to help each other find what we need.

Edit:
Participants
1 Sarahlacewing
2 carlabarla
3 missam
4 Tinker
5 uninu
6 Mohawk
7 Juggalettagurl
8 Alexia
9 kaoskat
10 Eviecorn
11 Vampasaurus

Timeline:
Photo check in Jan 19th
Mail me for approval and ship on or before Jan 31th

Theme:
An animal companion alteration to match ponysona.

Requirements:
Participants will be asked to provide a link to 1 reference (this can be Arena feedback, TP feedback or ebay feedback), or even a personal reference of a more experienced member who is willing to vouch for the person in question. If you aren't sure if you qualify go ahead and message me I want to try to include everyone I can.

I will also ask for at least one but no more than three pictures of completed customs so that I can assign partners based on skill level.

IF you are accepted for participation because you meet all the requirements but you don't have a custom to showcase you will be grouped with the newbies or with others who do not have examples.

I reserve the right to gently deny anyone who I feel would pose a flight risk.

Participants should be Arena members with at least 50 substantive posts.

You will be required to send a photo check in and a photo of the completed custom before you ship. If you do not have access to a camera or will not be able to do this I'm sorry but you will not qualify.

If you do not have a pony persona this may not be the swap for you.

Everyone must be over 16 in accordance with swap rules.

Please let me know if you have questions about the swap or for your partner when the time comes.

The general form:
Email address
Name and address
Ponysona picture and character description
Likes/dislikes
Preference on which animal bait base desired
Will you ship internationally?
Feedback or references
Examples of work
Current group or private swaps you are in

Welcome! List updated 12/4

Approved 11/28/11 CSA

Pony adoptable by SoundTune.
Ember's CustomsCommissions open

Last edited by Sarahlacewing on 0; edited 19 times in total
Tinker
Scribbles Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Gauging Interest in FIM Animal Companions Swap

Just the companions? Maybe a set of companions and/or a lil scenery?

gemini_pony
So Soft Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Gauging Interest in FIM Animal Companions Swap

Sounds cute to me I would love to do this if it was newbie friendly.

Last edited by gemini_pony on 0; edited 1 time in total
Sarahlacewing

Thanks guys for responding!

It would definitely be newbie friendly. I was thinking maybe a month work time but it could be longer if needed.

SDstang
The Fatalist

I like the idea of this! It would be a nice small project and I like the idea of making them to match a ponysona.

Tribble79
Brush N Grow Pony

yep yep yep!!! I would love to do this!

I am searching for the pink Wonder Whims Owl, any of the plush Alley Kats, Bright Ness from Happy Ness, Starcastle by the sea coach, Weepy/ tipper and her teddy from Mimi & the Goo Goos, Medium skunk from Hooks, My magic genies items animals and dolls, La La Loopsy Sahara Mirage, Magic Merbabies Hippo, Blossom Rabbit from Keypers, Sugar Planet Nebula and Sunspot P.M. Please contact me with price if you have any of these for sale.
NoDivision
I am vengeance, I am the night

Sarahlacewing wrote:
If I ran this swap I wouldn't want the pairing to be skill based. It would be randomized just to spice it up. But if people aren't comfortable with that I understand.

I like the idea of it apart from this part. I feel that swaps should at least be grouped by general skill level. If you don't have time to assess each person and do really careful partnering you can at least kind of figure out who is beginner, intermediate, and advanced ad pair within those categories. A lot of people do not want to participate in random pairing swaps because it's not fair for one person to put in a lot of work and effort and receive a custom in return that does not match what they sent out.

Just something to consider.

Want List! - Customs for sale! - Do I owe you feedback? PM me!
Sarahlacewing

If it must be skill based that's fine, I just thought it might be nice to do something different. Plus I'm sure people here are often grouped with the same people over and over. But it can be flexible. Smile

jeapos88
Fancy Pants Baby

I might be interested, but first a totally noob question that I'm sure will illicit a few facepalms Smile what's a ponysona?
kCherry
Moogleworks Mod Sales/Trades & Support

jeapos88 wrote:
I might be interested, but first a totally noob question that I'm sure will illicit a few facepalms Smile what's a ponysona?

LOL Hug Everybody starts from the beginning!! A persona is a pony that has been custom-tailored to fit your personality (or in some cases personalities! Poke Tounge ) Alot of folks have their persona's in their siggies (like mine) and avatars! Wink

I think this is a great swap idea! I've always loved the pets, too and I always have a blast customizing them!! Happy Pony

*looks fondly at the line-up of waiting hopefuls

Sarahlacewing

My biggest question is timeline. When would we want to start and end?

ristvak
Bay Breeze Pony

I think if you want to get it done in a month (which seems to be the case given your edit to the first post?) then I'd say wait until the new year =) I'm sure there's WAY too much stress going on this month with Christmas coming and all =)

P.S. TOTALLY want to do this!! And someone was selling a whole pile of animals on here sometime last week... ugh who was that?!

I find many people have the animals available but perhaps if we get approved I will make a swap related wanted board on the forum so people who are seeking them will have an easier time finding the ones they need. Recently a friend of mine gifted me a few of the rabbits to work with but I'll need to get others if need be.

We could have sign ups now and ship at the end of January if that would be better. I don't know how much time people will need.

ristvak
Bay Breeze Pony

True, but if there's a specific animal that someone wants there may be some scrambling to get ahold of it =) I know I have an abundance of squirrels, but not much of anything else.

Good point Smile Anyone else interested?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Customs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: