Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 21
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Off Topic » Who did you add to your non-MLP collections in 2011?
Who did you add to your non-MLP collections in 2011?
Life Outside Ponyland...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PandoraFox
Fakie!

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Who did you add to your non-MLP collections in 2011?

Well I've always loved toys and figurines and I sort of casually collect anything that catches my fancy, and I have the budget for at the time. I've had a lot of additions in 2011 though. My room is starting to look like a toy museum. XD
The local transformer convention was the main culprit this year.

I'm very happy to have picked up a Sideswipe to go with SunStreaker, since they're known as twins and all. And I've now also got a toy of everyone from what I personally think of as the g1 core crew.
Optimus Prime, Iron hide, Ratchet, Prowl, Jazz and Bumblebee.
All from different lines and in different sizes, but I have a representation of each of them. Now to hopefully go on and gather up everyone in the right scale. XD (My Optimus is teeny....)

Next to that I've gathered up the remaining zords I needed for my Thunder Mega zord, and a very kind friend of mine picked up a White Tiger Zord for me.

My absolute favorite additions however, are my wonderful birthday presents. I've been drooling over these guys the moment they were announced, but simply didn't have the budget to acquire any. So several of my friends banded together to get me these fellows for my birthday.
A D-arts full armor Megaman X and Zero.

I've been a fan of the Megaman X games for over a decade, so I'm delighted to have these 2 gorgeous figures of my favorite game heroes.

And well....I should stop rambling now shouldn't I?
Arianna
Rainbow Curl Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Who did you add to your non-MLP collections in 2011?

I believe I started my Spectra doll collection this past year.

I am not quite sure though, since it's been a while.

%20%20%20%20%20%20
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tribble79
Brush N Grow Pony

Tabago the Hermit crab Xia Xia toys for my hermit crab collection, a wooden camel for my camel army that I am going to have, lots of handmade jewelry by me, 3 Hellhounds for my small hellhound army, Grandbull for my bulldog collection, Magcargo and shellos for my snail collection, a plastic toilet with candy in it and candy plungers for my toilet obsession, a couple of voodoo dolls for my voodoo doll collection, Hippo pen for my hippo collection - most of these were in my stocking this winter solstice, minus the jewelry I made for myself.

I am searching for the pink Wonder Whims Owl, any of the plush Alley Kats, Bright Ness from Happy Ness, Starcastle by the sea coach, Weepy/ tipper and her teddy from Mimi & the Goo Goos, Medium skunk from Hooks, My magic genies items animals and dolls, La La Loopsy Sahara Mirage, Magic Merbabies Hippo, Blossom Rabbit from Keypers, Sugar Planet Nebula and Sunspot P.M. Please contact me with price if you have any of these for sale.
fiwen30
Dabbles Pony

I got my first MOC My Beautiful Horses, as well as a chilhood grail - the Showtime Trailer! Complete with box and instructions Happy

Aflame
G3 Prototype Pony

david tennent
freema agymen
annie lenoux
autographs !
xaflamex

Skeen
Dabbles Pony

I only intentionally collect Star Trek: Voyager stuff, and usually only fan-made stuff at that, so this year I added:

Wood carving of the ship flying through space
Wire sculpture of the ship
Original oil painting of Chakotay
Original oil painting of Janeway
Janeway quote tote bag and bookmark
Books
Janeway-head shaped coffee cup

Dawn
Dance N' Prance Pony

Wow, you guys collect such interesting things besides ponies :-)
I only just started buying ftbs again at the end of last year, but I managed to find Twilight Tails, Tippy Tails and a couple of the baby fliers.
Other than that I kinda just bought clothes Silly

Fakies R People 2

Awww they have a heartworm now. I think all I have is Ebola. I don't collect the microbes either, but they're a fun concept.

I added a whole lot of Breyers and a few Grand Champions.

A sampling:

Elusive Starry Wings Pony

Our entire monster High collection - maybe 20 dolls?

Carebears - all vintage plushies hugs, grams, lucky, grumpy, forest friend (big and small!!), small sea friend, cosy heart penguin, brave heart lion, birthday, champ, funshine and a lot of the 6" plushies
From boot fairs!

Also got some new poseables including cloud keeper! Cloud mobile!!!

Keypers - lots of babies, the bed, swan, baby poke, baby pearl, the rabbit! The snail with hat Smile

Quite a few Charlie bears and three rapunzel dolls!!

FPM's Giant G1 & G3 Want List

*GRAIL* MOC Starry Wings
xkelpiex
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

MH: Lagoona, Dotd Lagoona, Wave 2 Lagoona, Classroom Lagoona, Abbey
Barbie: 1996 Japanese barbie, Pop idol Fashionista Cutie doll (looks like Katy Perry!)
Two trolls
Ariel glitter hair doll

I only started really collecting toys the last 4 months, and most of that has been ponies. I plan to start a Rainbow Brite and Sailor moon adventure doll collection this year, maybe get a few other Barbies, some Lalaloopsy... but, mostly ponies.
Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony

My other collections/hobbies have taken a bit of a back seat since I started collecting MLP in July but in the past year my nail polish collection has I think more than doubled. I've gotten a few Re-Ment sets (but have slowed down on that considerably since I moved in June.) I bought a few Lolita wardrobe pieces but I'm trying to sell all that off now.
Probably most notably, last Feb. this guy joined my BJD collection.

He's a Volks MSD Hewitt.

My Little Pony Pals: A Flickr group for MLP animal friends (all gens).
kellyponyfeathers
Rainbow Curl Pony

Mantispony, that plush heartworm is so wrong, but so cute; it's hilarious!

And SourdoughStomper, I love your Spanish piggy/SHS weight loss siggy; too funny!

Well, I came across a MOC Kenner Shimmers doll at a flea market a while back. It was mermaid Marina with Baby Flutter. I've always really liked these, and I couldn't believe the one I found was only $3; it would sell for a lot more on Ebay. I bought her, of course. A few months later I stumbled across an Ebay listing for another MOC Shimmer, centaur Clover with Baby Dapples. The auction was mislabelled, so I got her for only $20 shipped. And I recently splurged on my third Shimmer, mint off card Meadow with Baby Fauna from Arena member SunSnail. The predecessors to Shimmers were Sea Wees mermaid dolls, and I bought a bunch of fairly nice used ones from the same seller who had MOC Marina. Let's see: Icygals Frosty and Breezy, Tropigal Oceana, Stormy, Shelly, Bubble Ballet Ruffle, a whole bunch of their babies, and a few pets Penny Penguin, Whiskers Walrus, and Seasar the mercat, and an orange seahorse comb.

I also bought a few secondhand Breyers. I really like them and would like to collect them seriously, but they can get pretty expensive and there are soooo many, I wouldn't know where to begin. But I got Misty of Chincoteague, Spirit & Rain from the movie, and a lovely classic? mold gray shire with blue ribbons in his braided mane. My rule is that if I find one for $3 or less I'll buy it, as long as it's in decent condition.

And I found this crazy MIB Furrever Friends Tail Salon at a charity sale; bought it for 50 cents, intending to sell it for pony money. But that's how I connected with Arena member SunSnail (who sold me the Shimmers Meadow doll); she collects Furrever Friends, and she said the Tail Salon is super rare, and she's never seen another one MIB in like 10 yrs of collecting (she has one loose). So, I dunno, I started thinking that it was kind of neat, and I've still got it. The Furrever Friends aren't in really high demand as a collectible, so the Tail Salon probably wouldn't sell for a huge amount anyway. Does anyone else remember the Furrever Friends? Well, I had one, Snowytail, when I was little. They never really appealed to me that much until I got the Tail Salon. So then I started to miss my old Snowytail, so I bought a mint out of box loose one (old toy store stock, still has all accessories).

Lately I've been fighting the urge to collect all sorts of other 80's toys. I want to focus on ponies, but I like Sea Wees and Shimmers enough that I want to collect them too (slowly). And I've been eyeing some She-ra dolls, and I reeeeeaaaally regret giving away my childhood Voltron toys. There's so much fun stuff out there!
fireextinquisher
Colorswirl Pony

Lolita clothes...thousands of pounds worth! Far too much stuff to list. But let's just say before last year I had no Angelic Pretty print pieces, but I now have 15!

Thanks to sabathamk and monstarnomnom (icon)
Roccoriel
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

For the whole year? Let's see what I can remember:

Hats: Black Cowboy Hat, Black Missoni for Target Hat

Christmas Ornaments: House Christmas Ornament for 2011, Pony for Christmas Ornament for 2011, Christmas Ornament from Chicago

Everyone wanted to give me their unused china and crystal this year (my grandmother, a friend... apparently I'm the lucky recipient of various dining equipment!), so there are a ton, but here it is: green cut-to-clear crystal wine hocks, crystal whiskey glasses, and brandy snifters, plates like These, but with green instead of red borders (I have 6 with different pictures), green and clear glass water glasses, chrome-plated fish knives and forks, cut glass wine glasses, crystal cordial glasses, crystal salt cellars, an antique salt, pepper, and mustard set... See what happens when you tell people you collect kitchen stuff? I have a storage box because it doesn't even all fit in my kitchen, but oh, I love it!

Rockin Beat Pony

lets see last year i had about 12 CPK ponies join the herd, three fakes, ( one that was flocked and gray with black hair), and a few oddball fakes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: