Visitors: 10
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » question for other ebay sellers
question for other ebay sellers
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcat99
Nirvana Moderator

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: question for other ebay sellers

I sold an item to a very nice overseas bidder on ebay over a month ago. She paid for registered airmail shipping, and it was shipped this way. Insurance was not requested. I gave her a scan of the reciept. To this day, her package has never arrived.
Now, I have to wait 2 months from the date the package is sent to make a formal inquiry at the PO and determine exactly what happened. However, right now she would like me to refund her half of the money, as she feels it is partially my responsibility that the package did not arrive. Do you feel that this is the case? I want to be fair

Chief
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 0    Post subject:

Absolutely not! You never know with overseas shipping how long it will take. Sometimes it goes right through in a matter of a few weeks, others it can take a month or more. One thing is certain, it's never as fast as the P.O. quotes. We ship and receive shipments internationally quite a bit and I can assure you this is the case. How she can try and hold you liable when you followed perfectly normal procedures is beyond me. I am sure her package will arrive before too long, she just needs to be patient.

Thanks SourdoughStomper! and YLH
garej
G3 Prototype Pony

I agree with Chief.

Tell her firmly but politely but been as insurance was not purchased, you are not obliged to give her any refund. If you want to do refunds, then it is up to you but not for her to ask or demand.

I would also say that you will do your best to track the parcel, but there is no guarantee that you can get it back.

If she moans to ebay/Squaretrade, they will just agree with you.

*Arena VIP*

I definitely agree with everyone here. This is in no way your fault, you had done everything according to the book. You have a receipt to show you had shipped, and even scanned it for her.

Abasca
Site Admin
Site Admin

::nods:: I agree with everyone here, Kcat. You did everything required of you and even scanned the receipt for her.

I know that this may be bad to say (and this is in no way to imply that international sellers/traders/buyers are bad, since I know tons of wonderful ones), but with that international Paypal scam rumor going around, I wouldn't be hasty and refund the money quite yet.

Maverynthia
Colorswirl Pony

I know when I buy from overseas they say it can take up to 3 months for something to arrive here in the States, so I think it's a two way street. Also all the buisnesses I buy from have a no insurance/no refund policy..

Also there is that Paypal scam going on...
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: